On Wednesday, I’m taking a 12 day Christmas vacation to visit Jeremiah’s family in Michigan. We have a lot planned and I’m really excited to get away, reflect, and think about some goals for 2010. Then before the ball drops in Times Square, I plan to write them down and Commit.
I have a history of setting goals that are tangible and realistic and some that are vague and unrealistic. Regardless, I love to set goals because it gives me something to aim for. Goals help keep me from being mediocre. And I always love a good challenge.
It’s not even Christmas yet so I haven’t thought really hard on my goals, but here are a few I have in mind:
- Run a race in the Spring. 15k or more.
- Utilize the margins in my new Bible (the ESV that Santa’s bringing me) to take notes and write prayer requests.
- Pray for my husband and son daily.
- Start a book proposal (start typing it in Microsoft Word)
- Work hard with my husband to be debt-free by December (one car payment to go)
- Try harder to have more common sense in the simple things
Since I’m not committing until the ball drops, I’d love to hear from you. Do you have any goals (silly or serious) brewing in your mind for 2010?
There’s a chance I might have to borrow what you’re thinking about committing to.
If you don’t have any yet, don’t feel bad.